Friday, May 23, 2008

What we have been up to...

We have been out in Utah for almost 2 weeks. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. Rachel (my sister) has gone back to work to finish teaching the school year. I have had the privilege of watching my little niece, Mabel. She is such a good baby. I has been so much fun to hold a newborn. We have just visited with a few friends and our family since we have been here. We are going to be staying here at least another 4 weeks. Adam and I are going to Spain together in June. My sister is going to watch my kids, I hope she survives! Anyway, here are a few photos of what we have been up to. I need to be better about taking more.
Our friends the McOmbers who we know from PA, have moved out to CA and are visiting their fam in UT. It was so nice to see them. Elle and Annie have been best buds since they were 5 months old. They love each other so much. The top pic is of Annie and her new little brother, Will who is about 5 months. You can tell they are related. I am so glad we were able to see them. 

This is Ava feeding Mabel. The girls some times get jealous of the attention that Mabel needs, so I try to let them participate so we don't have too many fits during the day. 

Ava was checking to see how much Mabel had drunk. She kept saying "Oh Mom, she drank another 12 pounds..." It was cute that Ava was pretending to know what she was talking about. 

Call me crazy, but I brought my dog too. Adam works a lot and travels a lot too. It was cheaper to bring her than to have to pay for boarding every time we needed it. Rachel has a Westie too. Most of the time they play like this, but when it comes to food. All bets are off. They will fight to the death for Ava's ham or whatever she is eating. Poor Ava always has 2 dogs following her around waiting for her to drop her food, or take it when she is not looking. 

7 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Let's get together while you're in UTAH!! We're staying w/ my parents until we move into our new house in a few weeks so call me at 295-7604. What # can I reach you at?

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Hey Sarah. Just talked to Phee today. I will for sure be seeing you guys after your stint to Spain. The girls look so much bigger in these pictures, I can't wait to squeeze them, I miss you guys a ton!

Ashleigh said...

Spain! Those photos should be amazing, I can't wait to see them! I'm so excited to catch up. Hopefully you are coming to the park on Tuesday!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

I am so glad you are here! I would love to see you if your are around. We are at my mom's house for a while - so come on over. Your children are beautiful. Sweet beautiful Mabel! If I don't get to see you - have a blast in Spain!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Sarah. Back to you in the Memory Department. I would have to say my favorites memories of you is just doing dinner and hanging out when you and Adam were first married. It seems like we hung out a lot, or is it just me? I really got to know you, and I swear you're the best friend a girl could ever ask for. Another memory that really stands out is that time out here in Vegas when we went to Thai food and to Barnes and Noble afterward and we sat down in the "sewing & craft" section at Barnes & Noble and just laughed our heads off at me because I never quite learned how to measure properly. 7/16, huh, what's that?

Anonymous said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!

Laura said...

Sarah! So glad to find out YOU have a blog. I need to get to know you better- your girls are darling and who knew you had a westie (on my christmas wish list)?? Hey- thank you for the bread and cinnamon rolls (from all you gals) that Kim brought over... I have never been too sick for sugar :). Let's get together.